1908 The founding of St. Austin Catholic Parish. The original St. Austin’s Chapel was dedicated in December of 1908.
1909 Following a devastating fire, St. Austin's Chapel is rebuilt on the same location
1917 Newman Elementary School opens with the help of the Dominican Sisters
1918 Newman Center constructed as a university student center
1953 Dedication of new St. Austin Catholic Church and Rectory as it exists today
1955 Opening of new St. Austin Catholic School building as it exists today
1969 Newman Hall opened as dormitory for Catholic women attending UT
1977 New wing added to Newman Hall, parallel to Guadalupe St., expanding dormitory
1984 Dedication of Parish Center/School Gymnasium as it exists today
1990 St. Austin Catholic School’s 6
th grades moved from elementary school building to the renovated Newman Center, above Paulist Hall/connecting to Newman Hall, which is as it exists today
2008 Parking Facility opened at 500 W. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.