St. Austin Catholic Parish is located just north of downtown Austin, adjacent to the campus of the University of Texas at Austin.
Founded in 1908 as the third parish in the city of Austin, St. Austin is served by the Paulist Fathers, a religious community of priests established in the United States in 1858. In addition to staffing St. Austin Parish, the Paulist Fathers also staff the University Catholic Center, the campus ministry center at The University of Texas at Austin.
St. Austin Parish, guided and served by the Paulist Fathers, is a dynamic, urban, Roman Catholic faith community of the Diocese of Austin. Inspired by our patrons St. Paul the Apostle and St. Augustine of Canterbury, the “Apostle to the English,” we dedicate ourselves to Jesus Christ and to His continuing mission to teach, heal, reconcile and serve.
Empowered by the Word of God, formed and nourished by the Eucharist, and made bold by the Holy Spirit, we strive through prayer, education and service to others, to manifest God's transforming love in the world; and to deepen our relationship with God, one another, and the universal Church.